Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Importance on Namaste

The Significance of Namaste








I've found myself being much more comfortable greeting people in the rather 'orthodox' form of saying Namaste.
As I began using it with much more frequency, I ventured out to explore the meaning of the word 'Namaste' itself. In my quest, I have come across thoughts and ideologies that are so unique to our great country India, that makes me reimpose my faith with even more trust and devotion in our rich cultural heritage!
Of late, I've seen the people within my age group giving the 'English' handshake without much thought. Agreed, that the handshake or the Namaste for that matter is just a form of greeting but the underlying depth in the Namaste form of greeting gives me a better reason to adopt it myself!































Namaste is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you".










Namaste = "bow to you"










This gesture is a mudra, a well-recognized symbolic hand position in eastern religions. One hand represents the higher, spiritual nature, while the other represents the worldly self. By combining the two, the person making the gesture is attempting to rise above his differences with others, and connect himself with the person to whom he bows. The bow is symbolic of love and respect.
So, it's like saying,"That which is of the Divine in me greets that which is of the Divine in you".
Namaste is a form of acknowledging the ancient Indian belief that God resides in everyone's heart,in respecting every form of life!
So, I think that rings a bell in your head too! :)



























Namaste!














4 comments:

  1. iphone cases, http://www.iphonecase.name/
    ray-ban sunglasses, http://www.raybansunglass.com.au/
    oakley sunglasses, http://www.oakleysunglasseswholesale.us.com/
    mlb jerseys, http://www.cheapmlbjerseys.net/
    ferragamo outlet, http://www.ferragamo.eu.com/
    discount oakley sunglasses, http://www.oakleysunglassesdiscount.us.com/
    ferragamo shoes, http://www.ferragamo.eu.com/
    giuseppe zanotti, http://www.giuseppe-zanotti-outlet.org/
    dolphins jerseys, http://www.miamidolphinsjersey.com/
    oakley sunglasses wholesale, http://www.oakleysunglasseswholesale.in.net/
    lululemon pants, http://www.lululemonoutletstore.in.net/
    bottega veneta outlet, http://www.bottegaveneta-outlet.net/
    christian louboutin outlet, http://www.christianlouboutinonline.us.com/
    michael kors handbags, http://www.michaelkorsusa.us/
    hermes belt for sale, http://www.hermesbelts.us/
    true religion canada, http://www.truereligionjeanscanada.com/
    michael kors handbags outlet, http://www.michaelkorshandbagsoutletstore.us.com/
    mlb jerseys, http://www.cheapmlbjerseys.us.com/
    ray ban,rayban,occhiali ray ban,ray-ban,ray ban occhiali,ray ban sunglasses
    cleveland cavaliers jersey, http://www.cavaliersjerseys.net/
    925

    ReplyDelete

Total Visitors

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Importance on Namaste

The Significance of Namaste








I've found myself being much more comfortable greeting people in the rather 'orthodox' form of saying Namaste.
As I began using it with much more frequency, I ventured out to explore the meaning of the word 'Namaste' itself. In my quest, I have come across thoughts and ideologies that are so unique to our great country India, that makes me reimpose my faith with even more trust and devotion in our rich cultural heritage!
Of late, I've seen the people within my age group giving the 'English' handshake without much thought. Agreed, that the handshake or the Namaste for that matter is just a form of greeting but the underlying depth in the Namaste form of greeting gives me a better reason to adopt it myself!































Namaste is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you".










Namaste = "bow to you"










This gesture is a mudra, a well-recognized symbolic hand position in eastern religions. One hand represents the higher, spiritual nature, while the other represents the worldly self. By combining the two, the person making the gesture is attempting to rise above his differences with others, and connect himself with the person to whom he bows. The bow is symbolic of love and respect.
So, it's like saying,"That which is of the Divine in me greets that which is of the Divine in you".
Namaste is a form of acknowledging the ancient Indian belief that God resides in everyone's heart,in respecting every form of life!
So, I think that rings a bell in your head too! :)



























Namaste!














4 comments:

  1. iphone cases, http://www.iphonecase.name/
    ray-ban sunglasses, http://www.raybansunglass.com.au/
    oakley sunglasses, http://www.oakleysunglasseswholesale.us.com/
    mlb jerseys, http://www.cheapmlbjerseys.net/
    ferragamo outlet, http://www.ferragamo.eu.com/
    discount oakley sunglasses, http://www.oakleysunglassesdiscount.us.com/
    ferragamo shoes, http://www.ferragamo.eu.com/
    giuseppe zanotti, http://www.giuseppe-zanotti-outlet.org/
    dolphins jerseys, http://www.miamidolphinsjersey.com/
    oakley sunglasses wholesale, http://www.oakleysunglasseswholesale.in.net/
    lululemon pants, http://www.lululemonoutletstore.in.net/
    bottega veneta outlet, http://www.bottegaveneta-outlet.net/
    christian louboutin outlet, http://www.christianlouboutinonline.us.com/
    michael kors handbags, http://www.michaelkorsusa.us/
    hermes belt for sale, http://www.hermesbelts.us/
    true religion canada, http://www.truereligionjeanscanada.com/
    michael kors handbags outlet, http://www.michaelkorshandbagsoutletstore.us.com/
    mlb jerseys, http://www.cheapmlbjerseys.us.com/
    ray ban,rayban,occhiali ray ban,ray-ban,ray ban occhiali,ray ban sunglasses
    cleveland cavaliers jersey, http://www.cavaliersjerseys.net/
    925

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Templates